Through some crazy decision making on the part of Pasco School District (the one that started 2 weeks later than all of the others, this year), school was cancelled for Caden only, yesterday. I can see why they may have ordered the 2-hour delay, but I was appalled that they cancelled it later in the day. Roads were wet, but safe, and there was no snow in the foreseeable future. More importantly, Richland School District was operating just fine without even a delay. Great, now Caden has another day that he'll have to make up while the other kids are out of school. Looks like he'll end this year on June 20th! Why not make it June 30th?! Just kidding. I don't really mean that. I take it back! Please let him out before the end of the summer, I am begging you!!!
While driving home, we passed by a small pond that was freezing over. Most of it was ice, but there were small pockets of circular water holes. Caden was kind of off-hand talking and then quickly stopped himself and started laughing.
"Mom, I was thinking about that pond freezing over. And then I wondered how the fish would live underwater if it froze over! How would the
fish live
underwater?! HAHAHAHA!!!"
I love those moments where you speak as fast as your mind is working, without really allowing your brain to fully finish a thought.
Later, Caden was just kind of lounging, when from his armchair I hear him scoff,
"Psh, How would the fish live underwater?! Please!"
"DUH!"
Haha! This post made me laugh out loud, to myself, all alone. 😂❤️
ReplyDelete