The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, December 11, 2015

Mug

Caden: "Mom, did you get arrested today?!"

"Why, no sweetheart. I only got my passport picture taken. Is it that bad?"
YES, yes it is!!

When he told me to look "natural- no smile, look right at the lense," I guess my subconscious was screaming "terrorist" or "criminal" or "I'm going to murder you in a dark alley." 

Isn't it funny how some pictures you see of yourself and think, "Hey, I look kind of pretty in that one," and others you think, "Who is that poor, unfortunate soul? It's a wonder she has a husband that takes her out in public. Bless him!" With this mug...
I'm just gonna go with the latter. The wind was awful, they didn't have a mirror for me to see that my hair was not 100% smoothed down, the lighting was bad, and I'm pretty sure his camera was totally broken. Or it is now, after capturing such a hideous glamour shot!! Yowsa!!

My Mister took one look at it, schooled his facial expression to pure seriousness, and said that it is a rite of passage to have an ugly passport picture. Well at least he's being honest with the use of the word "ugly."

Aruba, here we come. In peace. Without sharp weapons, criminal backgrounds, or malicious intentions. Promise! With a face like this, you cannot help but believe me, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha! I still can't look at this picture seriously lol Love you!

    ReplyDelete