I had to post about my passport application process, it still has me giggling. I can't believe I actually posted that picture. My mind still screams, "Do You Realize What You've Done?!"
As the clerk was looking over both of our paperwork, checking information and comparing both our birth certificates and driver's licenses, I was watching her reaction like a hawk. (At one point, my mind wandered to a place that made me giggle: Wouldn't it be fun to be the one that took the drivers license and passport pictures?! To see the horrified response that must come from about 90% of the populous?!) I wanted to see if she cringed in embarrassment for me, at my picture.
As we were nearing the portion of the application that you need to sign in front of her, she was resciting what must be the normal words that she needs to say. Yet, as she spoke this statement, her eyes locked on mine, I'm so serious!
"Sign at the bottom to verify that this is your picture."
I flashed her my most self conscious grin, and to my everlasting shame, signed it.
If I need to leave the country any time in the next 10 years, I get to flash this bad-boy around the world. What?!
Too bad the pictures have to be "natural, no smiling. Just look straight ahead at the lense," otherwise I would have wanted to switch it out for this picture I snapped right before my Sunday concert.
This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us would take: To be seen as we truly are.


Your hair looks so pretty like that! It's getting so long too! The whole picture is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSteph, you are stunning. Always.
ReplyDeleteBesides the top picture 😂😂😂 Are you sure we are sisters?!