We have been spending as much time together this weekend as we can. Not only when time would allow, but when Caden is feeling up to it as well. There are have a lot of games and movies shared together.
One of the games was Spot It. Each of the kids want to play with me, I am the parent to beat. We get pretty competitive, and I must brag, I am pretty good. The kids don't know it, but I almost always Spot It immediately, and then wait for them to see it. I make it a bit of a challenge for them, so that they don't think they won me too fast, or that they lost too soon, but that we each get about the same amount of points. Truth be told, I could smoke 'em all. Every.Single.Time.
Cancer has not snuffed out my competitive spirit, that's for sure.
Saturday night, I had gone my rounds playing Spot It many times with each child, separately and together. Caden had been laying on the couch, just listening to all of the chatter from my Spot It corner, Randy's Checkers corner, and Jackie's Uno corner. We were all kind of surprised to hear Caden pipe up, "Mom, I want to play you next." Bring.It.On!
While playing him, I did the same as all of the kids, although I did make it a little more challenging for him. I confess I did make it so he would win, but not by much. I was just so happy that he opened his eyes and joined in on the fun.
He won me by two sets.
"Kay, I'm good. I just wanted to show you that I'm good at this game."
And then he closed his eyes, laid his head down, and listened for the rest of the night.
Cancer has not snuffed out his competitive spirit either!
And let me just say, I beat the Bop It game on my fourth try Christmas morning. It was an exciting accomplishment for me. With all of the beautiful chaos of the room, I tried my hand at the game again. The highest score is 100. Each time it begins, the robotic voice says, 'High Score 100.' Each time my heart swells, knowing it was me that got that score. While playing, it was getting faster and faster, going along great...and then I messed up one time. It was torture hearing my score, and the stupid robotic jeering voice that says, "Too fast for ya?" My score?! 99.
Not to worry, the game is still functional. I only thought about chucking it against the wall for jeering at me that way!
I only enjoy games with a huge fun group! Especially, when laughing your stomach until it hurts. I can't wait until we all get together for Christmas. ❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete