The hives have now turned into one massive swell-fest. His wedding ring used to have a hard time making it over his knuckle, and then just bounces around on his boney finger. Now?! It barely fits his pinkie finger. Which is how he got himself into a little bit of trouble today.
I got a text today, "Pray that someone finds my ring at Flying J."
The story goes like this: It had been raining in Ellensburg. While filling up, he'd
gotten water on his hands, so he shook it off. And with it, his wedding ring that had fallen off of his cold-hand, not-swollen-anymore pinkie finger. Because of the rain, it was submerged in any number of puddles, darkened by the overcast skies.
They headed over to Wendy's with plans to head back to Flying J to look one more time. The plot thickens:
"By the time we made it back, the rain had stopped. I went back to the spot that we had pumped and looked around for only a little bit before the sun shone down on a puddle maybe one to two inches deep. And right in the center of the puddle was my ring."
I kind of had the mentality that we had already gotten our miracle, that if he didn't find his ring, we would get another one another time. It wouldn't be life altering if he left Ellensburg without it. I prayed, asking for Randy to find it, but I didn't really put my whole heart into it like most of my other prayers recently.
And yet, our prayers were answered. The sun came out at the exact moment it needed to, illuminating the dark water, making his ring shine.
I am humbled. I had forgotten for just a moment that He is not an 'only if it is life changing will I give them what they need' Heavenly Father. It was not life changing to find the ring, but to remind me that He hears all prayers. There is no prayer too big or too small. He just loves us.
To the angel that surprised us with this...


I've had the stress hives. They are the worst thing ever! Ya- I think Randy has had a bit of stress in his life. Prayers for you all!!!
ReplyDelete