The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Brennon's Day Camp 2016

I wish I could say that I am always in the mood to accompany my kids on every single one of their outings now that I'm home and can, but the truth is, sometimes I just don't want to do some things.  Today was one of them.  Brennon has been going to Cub Scout Day Camp since Monday.  Each family was instructed to take at least one day to volunteer.  Since the Mister has a job, that fulfillment landed squarely on me.  I was not amused.  It turned out better than I anticipated, but that's not to say that it wasn't hard, too.  Caden was left to babysit from 7:40-4:00.  I used to do that every single summer, I'm not sure why it's a struggle to leave them.  But it is, and it was.  They did great, though.  Shelby actually said she was 'glad to not have a mom for the entire day, except when I came home.'  Should I feel offended?

 The heat was a killer, and being in charge of 11 8-9 year old boys was kind of exhausting, but it was fun to watch Brennon participate in some fun activities.

Archery
 First Responder
 Making First Aid Kits
 Making fun "bombs"



 Listening to a real-life FBI Agent
 Making Ice Cream in a Bag.  He didn't like getting his hands wet and sticky.

 Learning about Evidence and Leave No Trace

 Making Calming Glitter Bottles


I enjoyed my time with Brennon, but boy, am I glad to be done with this day!  The only thing about summer that I wasn't really looking forward to!  Well, this and Randy's pain when getting his tonsils out on Friday.  My fingers and toes are still crossed in hopes that this will help his snoring!!!

2 comments:

  1. Brennon looks tooooo grown up for my liking. I'm missing tooooo much. Love that B-boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow they had a seriously fun-filled day!

    ReplyDelete