The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sludge

Tuesday morning, bright and early, is our garbage day. We have actually missed getting it taken because we didn't get it out before 7:00am! We either put it out on Monday night, or risk not having it taken. 

Our neighbors on both sides are out of town, so I brought both of their cans from the street to the top of their driveways. While taking one, Randy had a few things that needed to be thrown away, so I just threw them in the can I was bringing up. And let me just say...it wreaked. She does daycare for five babies under the age of three, so the amount of diapers generated from her home alone constitute half of the landfill waste. I jest, but you get the idea. Her garbage can stunk. 

Fast forward a few hours. I have been busy holding babies
*June 27, 2016 with Miss Aria"

So I didn't notice that I didn't have my phone. I searched and searched. Randy had the great idea to use our Find My iPhone app, which said it was at the neighbor's house. My heart burned, since I knew it was not INSIDE the house. I lost my heart completely when there was no mistaking the beep-beep that was coming from her garbage can. 

I gagged at the thought and gagged even deeper as I had to tip her garbage can on it's side and crawl in to grab my phone from the 1" deep sludge at the bottom, right next to the wipes container that didn't get emptied- it was stuck too. 

And then I gagged as I walked home. And then gagged some more as I was cleaning it over and over with about 10 Clorox wipes. You know it's bad when Shelby walks in from the backyard and exclaims loudly, "EW! IT STINKS IN HERE!" And then gags. 

We don't usually get rid of things until they are good and dead. Hence not getting matching appliances until they blow up in preparation for Sunday dinner. 

I contemplated just leaving my phone in the garbage. Who cares about cost when you have to dumpster dive in sludge on a 100 degree day, I ask you?!

Revision: Caden came down for dinner and was simply standing by the phone and case. I had since cleaned the phone a second time. "Something stinks!"

It has now been cleaned three times. Ready to be lit on fire and burned. 

Revision 2: Lacquer thinner will get rid of putred stench that clings to any surface. 

2 comments:

  1. Serious, GAG!! I can only imagine from how our garbage cans stinks for ONE baby!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously would have left it, I'm gagging thinking of what you just endured!!

    ReplyDelete