The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Shorts?

Last night I decided on a whim to take the kids swimming for the second time in one day.  It was pretty late, so I was in a bit of a hurry to have them dressed and out the door.  The other kids knew where their suits were, but since Brennon had been at a Scout Day Camp for the earlier swim, he wasn't sure where his was.  All of the kids helped look, but alas, it was nowhere to be found.  In my haste, I told him to just wear his shorts.  Before we even got out the door,

"...um, what about my underwear?"

"Brennon, you usually wear underwear anyway.  Just think of these shorts like the swim shorts you always wear."

"OK."

As we were driving,

"...um, so will I get in the shower before we swim?"

"Yes, Brennon.  You'll do everything the same, as if you were wearing your swim shorts.  Pretend that the shorts you are wearing right now are the only ones you have ever worn in the pool."

"OK."

When we arrived,

"So, I am just going to jump in?"

"Yes, Brennon.  Those shorts are just like the swim shorts you always wear.  There is no difference, except we didn't buy those specifically for swimming.  They're fine.  Just jump in."

One leg to the bottom of the shorts.

Out

The other leg to the bottom of the shorts.

Out

"Mom, um, I got a cut on my finger.  When the water touches it, it stings.  I'm not gonna get in."

(Smile) "OK."

The "cut" was barely visible.  He never put his hand in the water.  Oh, how I love my little Brennon!

No comments:

Post a Comment