The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, June 24, 2016

Surprise

I'm not sure if I wish we would have been more prepared, or if I'm glad I saved myself some pre-anxiety (it was already bad enough) about how horrible it truly is getting your tonsils out as an adult. I've read about ten different first-hand accounts, and let me just say: please pray for Randy. And my mom. They got matchy-matchy surgeries today. It is said that days 4-9 are the worst. I was scared for only day one. Now to find out it is a full two week recovery? Heaven help me. 

One person said that you needed to be in the right place mentally for this. We'll see how my mind holds up seeing my Mister in so much pain so soon after seeing my son suffer. Looks like 2016 is gonna be our suffer year. 

One last thing- I now know what a throat looks like without tonsils. Boy, does he have a large throat now! Wow, I had no idea! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I doubt he will ever choke on a large bite again. When he can eat without wanting to die, that is. 

Yowsa

No comments:

Post a Comment