The schedule for the try outs had 4th graders on Monday and Tuesday morning, 5th graders on Wednesday and Thursday morning, with Friday open for any that needed to make up missed days. I just assumed that that meant we would find out on Monday if she had made it. So when she came home on today, all screams and claps and skips and jumps, I was unprepared for her exclamations,
"MOM!! They told us that the names of the kids that made it into Kids of Steel was on the music window today. AND.MY.NAME.WAS.ON.IT!!!!!"
I was so shocked that she had found out already, I wasn't prepared with anything "special" to give her. So I made up with it by screaming at the top of my lungs, clapping and skipping and jumping right along. I never realized how nervous I was about it all, until she told me she was in. She may not have doubted, but I did. I saw how much she wanted it, so I wanted it just as much for her.
So, here's to Shelby, a member of the Kids of Steel Band!!!
Congratulations, Shelby!!!! 👏🏻👏🏻
ReplyDelete