The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Increase week 4

We got some  news today that was not completely unexpected, but did take me by surprise. They are going to increase his dose today, incrementally, to get him back to the normal Study rate. Since the reason for this trial is to monitor how safe it is to administer, I knew we would get back to the 2- hour infusion rate at some point. I just didn't think it would be on week four. So, for the first 30 minutes he'll get his recent dose of 50 mL's per hour. Then, for the next 30 minutes he'll be bumped up to 75 mL's per hour. At hour 1 of the infusion, as long as he is doing well, they will increase it to the 100% rate of 100mL's per hour. They could not answer our questions, like...

If I have a reaction, will I be done forever?
Will they start at the higher dose of 75 next time, or skip right to the 100 mL's?

I brought a quilt to hand stitch the binding, but I don't think I'm even going to pull it out. If anything happens, I want to be ready. It's not a chaotic worry, nor even too scary, but it is not peaceful right now. My anxiety is elevated enough to wish they had a treadmill in this room. I want to run.

Update:

He did it!!! All is well. They will most likely take him back to the original 2-hour infusion next week! I sure hope it goes as well as the last three have.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment