The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Turn off, what?!

I have just a few minutes before Caden, Randy and the boys arrive here at the Ronald McDonald House, so I can't write all about Caden's birthday party night, but I do have to write about my blunder.  Truly, if I didn't have Randy, I don't know how I would survive in this world.

Caden and I arrived at the hotel in time to check in, get the rooms situation straightened out (more about that in the birthday post), get the snacks up to the right room, order pizza, and grab it before Randy arrived with his friends.  When we arrived back with the pizza, we were both super excited to see that they had arrived before we did, and anxious because the pizzas had taken 10 minutes longer than they were scheduled to.  Here is where my blunder began...

7:12pm-  Arrive at hotel with very hot, very fresh pizzas.
Get out of the car, try to lock it with the handle lock.  Won't.
Lock the car with the key faub.
Notice that we left the hotel key in the cup holder.
Unlock with the key faub, grab the key, notice that the front dash is telling me that the car key has left the vehicle.  Mock the car, because, Duh, we are leaving the vehicle!!
Try to lock the car again with the handle button.  Nope.  Use the key faub.  Run inside for FUN!!!
Have pizza.
Randy and Stephanie run across the street to grab Caden a swim suit from Old Navy while boys finish eating.
Swim until 9:15pm.
Ice cream and singing until 10:00pm.
Leave the boys in their room, telling them to be quiet, lights out at 11:00pm.
10:35pm- Randy says that he's going to go grab his own pillow from the car.  I ask him to ask the front desk if they have any ear plugs.
Randy comes back about 3 minutes later, asking me where my keys are.  They're upstairs in the boys' room...why?

I had left the car running!!!!

This is where technology comes back to bite me.  I keep the keys in my pocket the entire time with this car.  It does not have a place for the key to even be inserted!!  In my anxious haste to get the party started, I had forgotten to push the button to turn off the car.  And that, my friends, is the wrong way to use gas.  Three hours!  Sitting in the same spot out front.  In a Diamond Elite Parking Spot- saved just for use of the frequent travelers.... that don't know how to turn off their car.

As we were getting into the car this morning, Randy said, "Oh, look you have gas this morning!"

Oh, how I love my Mister.  He saves me on a daily basis, I tell you.

1 comment: