While here, Ashlee made me a birthday dinner of Chicken Parmesan and a Twix birthday cake.
Yum and Yum!
Like our mother, Ashlee is known for her baking skills.
Our Saturday set-up: Boat in the bottom left, covered picnic area, swimming area to the right, bathrooms behind me. It was the perfect spot!!! And the weather could not have been more perfect-- 90's with a slight breeze. Perfect spot, perfect weather, perfect company. Perfect!
Boater's license before actual Driver's license!
As I sat at the front of the boat, ready to raise the orange flag if one of my babes fell out of the tube, wind blowing my growing hair and sun kissing my skin, I could not help but feel emotional. This is my life. And it is beautiful and wonderful and sometimes very hard. We have had some difficult hard times since my last "one year older, and wiser, too," but we have also had some glorious highs. I could not help but feel that I truly am the luckiest girl in the world. I wouldn't trade this life for anything. I already posses all the treasures on earth.
*********************************************
The boys had a baseball game tonight after dinner. A friend brought me a birthday gift and stayed to chat for a bit, so I lost track of time and ended up getting the boys there a couple of minutes late. As we were running to their field, Tyson gasped and almost stopped dead in his tracks, "Mom, I don't think I have ever seen you run before!!" That's because I stopped running in front of my kids when Caden and Keilie laughed at my "jiggly legs" while running on the treadmill after Brennon was born! And I mean gut-busting, tears flowing, fingers pointed, laughing at me. Scarred for life, I tell you. (Remember, I have been called "unrecognizable" after pregnancy. I was "jiggly" all over!) Apparently, my running made an impression on Tyson. Or lack thereof...
Tyson caught a pop fly, getting the batter out, and then quickly threw it to second for a double play. I was screaming my head off, clapping, and then immediately started to cry. The coaches ran screaming to him, picked him up, twirled him around, and then high-fived all around. The beaming smile on Tyson's face was the highlight of my birthday!!! He later got two hits, making it to second on both before the inning ended. Brennon tried super hard, looking into the stands after each attempted hit. He tries so hard when I am there!! Too hard. The Dodgers won the game in overtime, 6-5. Go, DODGERS!!!!
Pretty much the best birthday in the history of birthdays!
Loved this whole post! And honestly, I thought you were turning 35!!! It doesn't even seem real that you are in your thirties but you are now closer to your forties. 😂😗😉
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such an awesome day! And loved reading about Tyson's game - way to go!
ReplyDelete