We didn't hear from him on Wednesday. Thursday morning, he sent word that the airline wouldn't do it.
8:01am- "Hey Steph, I'm sorry it has taken so long but I have been waiting for Alaska to get back to me. Unfortunately they said no. I'm sorry, I wish I could have helped. The tickets were only good for the continental US. I told them the story but they still said no. Jerks."
Upon hearing this, Caden said, "Well, what about a beach in California?" So we tried one more time. While I was at the gym, Randy went on to find flights to San Diego. Because it was closer, we were able to get all four tickets with Randy's points, hoping that Alaska would allow us to go to California with Brennon's credit. Again, I got the information to Brennon. Again, he started to work for us to be able to go.
10:56am- "I'll call today and see what they say."
11:27am- "OK no getting hopes up but if they could still do the flight to Hawaii, would you prefer that? Not saying it's for sure, but I got someone good. There would be a small fee per person though. Let me know."
We asked Caden. He wanted Hawaii.
11:29am- "Hawaii"
11:42am- "The fee is a little more per ticket. Would this price be alright?"
We again talked about it. San Diego would have been free flights, but not free hotel (we would have used all of Randy's hotel points and then some) and not free activities. The price difference would come out about even for both vacations. Again, Caden said he really wanted Hawaii.
11:45am- "Let's do it!"
11:58am- "OK it looks like I was able to get it done for you. I'm on hold while they switch the tickets."
12:11pm- "95% there. She is just changing the names and seats now."
12:11pm- "Payment just went through."
12:16pm- "Even better news: they upgraded the tickets to MVP for the trip there and the trip back."
And just like that, seven tickets were purchased to Hawaii-- the dream destination that had been a "no" just 4.5 hours before!
We got the kids a box of Hawaiian themed items and had them open them together. SURPRISE!!!
WE ARE GOING TO HAWAII!!!!!
SO SO SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!! HAWAIIIIIIIIII!!!
ReplyDeleteNo way!! That's so fun!! You guys will have a blast!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!! Have the best time!
ReplyDelete