There is something so charming and magical about the characters of the book, read by the most amazing actors. They are my friends. It is a Historical Fiction book, something that I have found over the years that I actually love. I never cared for History in school, so again, I just judged it as a genre I wouldn't like. I was wrong. After reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and loving it, I will never disparage Historical Fiction again. After reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, twice now in four days, I will never judge a book by its cover, or title, again.
I am giving the recommendation with a resounding READ IT! If you can, I would highly recommend listening to it. The actors and the production of the book will leave you wishing for more time in the day to listen. Even if you simply read it, the book will leave you wishing that the characters were real people that you could associate and be friends with, wishing you could visit Guernsey to meet and attend a Society Meeting, grateful you were not there from June 1940- June 1945. I loved this book, despite the super weird title and the lame and ugly cover. Such a good book!
Read It!
Good to know!
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't already, try The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas. Historical fiction is a favorite genre. Love your blog.
ReplyDelete