It has been almost two weeks since we bought our newest "business" venture: Momdot.com. Many things have been happening behind the scenes. I'm not involved in as much as you'd imagine, so it's weird seeing my face, pictures, and name on everything, especially since I haven't done any of the currently highlighted work. Well, excepting some editing I've done on some of the posts.
Slime is HUGE right now-- HUGE! Trisha (the previous owner) has many, many different recipes for slime. I have no desire to ever make slime, to ever have slime in my home, or even to contemplate whether I want to make St. Patrick's Day slime, fluffy slime, or even insane slime for the kids' end of the year School Store. They ask me daily if we can order the supplies and get started. And yet, my name and picture is on the comments, Contact Me, and About Me pages. My kids are overjoyed about the whole arrangement, anxious for us to try new slime recipes to add, but I'm thinking I want to continue with her food recipes instead. Because food I can do, slime I cannot. No, thank you. We have some ideas for new material. I hope they are loved as much as we hope they'll be.
I have been given some assignments from the business partner that knows how to grow online websites. 26 assignments, to be exact. And that's just the beginning. It feels weird to have a job. It feels weird to go to the computer to work, not just blog or cruise Pinterest for recipes, organization tips, or home decor ideas. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, actually. It depends on the minute. Like much of my life right now. One minute it feels more like a chore, the next it feels amazing to be doing good work that is praised by a "boss." It feels good to have numbers and quotas to meet, and to exceed them, which is what I've done for ten of the assignments. It feels good to have ideas and put them into place, something I know will help grow the business, because I am a Mom. It feels good to make a little money.
All-in-all, I think I like this business. It's not a palpable business, something we can touch and "see," like a candle business (2002-2003) or rental houses (we wired her money, she emailed us logins and passwords-- done!), but I do like learning and trying new things. I may have wished for this exact scenario at a time when my mind wasn't as bashed and beaten as it is now, or a time when my emotions weren't so mercurial, but sometimes we are lead to things we need, not want. Like many things in our lives, we were lead to this amazing opportunity. We are still being carried. His timing is a bit different than ours, but you better believe I am going to give it my all.
I’m so glad you’re enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteI love the slime stuff!!
ReplyDelete