The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, June 11, 2018

Honorary

This week, Bishop Kreutz asked if we were planning to attend the Seminary Graduation, and if either Randy, Keilie, or I would walk to accept Caden's Honorary Diploma.  I told him that we were planning on going, and that yes, Keilie would love to walk.  It was a special night last night.


 It will come as no surprise that I cried.  I really try hard, consciously, not to be sad for the things that Caden will not experience here on earth, but some times are quite a bit harder than others.  Even though he technically would not have graduated this year, it was still bittersweet to hear two graduates talking about their future, and two Seminary Principals talking about all that they had to look forward to at not only Institute, but missions and family life (it was fun hearing him say "dating to play for keeps").  I can't help wishing that we could look forward to those things for Caden.  But I know where he is, I know what he's doing, and I can't help but look forward to the stories he'll have to tell.
2017-2018 Richland LDS Seminary Graduates, with one stunning Freshman girl holding an honorary diploma for Caden Randy Dirks, our remarkable angel in Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice night! Those stickers are done so well, I'm glad they had them there for everyone to take one for their yearbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn’t help, but choke up reading this post. I still can’t believe he’s not here. I love you, Steph.

    ReplyDelete