**When Tyson saw what I was blogging about, he told me that I should take a picture of them today. "I wanted you to take a picture of us yesterday, and the day before, too."
I love that my boys get along so well. Honestly, they're the quintessential best friend brothers. Like last year, they've been dressing in the same outfit for school, making and packing the same lunch for school, and reading the same book. If they've earned time on electronics, they're usually playing or watching the same thing. If they're earning time on electronics, it's usually playing together. I love it!
Another thing that I love is how well they share. On our way down to Utah at the first of the month, we took the kids to the Dollar Store to pick out a few treats for the drive. Shelby and Keilie went through the store solo, grabbing whatever they wanted. Tyson leaned over to Brennon and ask, "What if we both got things that we like, and then split them? That way we have some of ten things instead of just five whole things." Brennon instantly agreed, and they went through the store together, suggesting things they both liked.
When I asked about their first day of school, Tyson's first words were, "They changed the lunch schedule. I don't get to sit across from Brennon at the lunch table." Brennon piped up, "Shelby got to eat lunch with the third graders last year, so we were excited to sit together, but they changed it!" It warmed my heart that they planned, and looked forward to sitting together for lunch. With all of the their friends present, they were most looking forward to sitting with their brother.
Tyson has been pretty into ghosts and dinosaurs the last little bit, anything scary or creepy really. While searching a harmless video about haunted houses, he actually scared himself a little bit. It wasn't a scary video, only the thought of something in the house started to get to him. That night, and for a whole week after, he slept in Brennon's room. While I wish they would share for good again, I love that they looked forward to sleeping together for this little spurt. I piqued my ears to hear their talking before falling asleep.
When all of the kids returned home on Tuesday, I sat back and watched them interact, anxious and excited to hear all of their stories. It was a typical afternoon: Keilie and Shelby arguing and talking rude to each other, while Tyson and Brennon giggled, planned matching after-school snacks, and coordinated time together outside and on electronics.
It's refreshing to have kids that get along so well. Having grown up with all sisters, and having no real understanding of boys or brothers, the fact that it's my boys, in my mind, makes it even more incredible. And adorable.
That picture is adorable! I think every single thing you described that they do is beyond sweet. What a special relationship they have!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! They are the best boys!
ReplyDelete