I love how close they were to the entrance of the school!
Our Scout Troop's Pack Meeting this month was a Veteran's Day Parade in West Richland. Because of Shelby's dress rehearsals for the Tosca Night, she and I were not able to attend the parade. Good thing a friend took pictures, because Randy didn't take a single one!
Brennon made a poster at one of his activities last week...
Brennon
Tyson
The one thing that made braving the absolute cold (it started snowing before the parade began) worth it was the candy throwing.
(Brennon is far right, holding the flag with his poster at his feet. Tyson is on his right side, with his poster at his feet, waving at the camera.)
(Brennon is second from the left in the front row, Tyson is two posters to the right of Brennon, eyes barely peeking over his poster.)
Randy said there were many times I would have cried. There was a Veteran sitting right next to them that had many parade members come to shake his hand, thank him for his service, and give him things. He said it was really neat. He also said there were a ton of Corvettes, and probably six cars featured on Back to the Future (Delorian, I think it how it's said?). He also said that Mira may hate parades more than laundry baskets, soccer games, cardboard boxes, and bath time. She is not a fan of marching bands, whistles, or horns. Lesson learned-- no more parades...
We are so proud of our very own American Hero, Darwin Dale Dirks!
Home of the Free Because of the Brave!


I didn’t realize Darwin served! That is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis is all so cool. I love things like this to remember our veterans.
ReplyDelete