The top picture is the Before, with the chipped black paint. The bottom is the After. Immediately you can tell they worked on it. I was surprised to see the background so different from the one I had seen 300+ days this year, but I was most surprised and disappointed to see this...
What the heck is this?! It is so stark to me, I wonder how they missed it, how they could let it come back to us like this! Again, if you're given a second chance to make something right, you'd think you'd double and triple check to make sure you're giving your best work.
Under the eagle had some glue residue stuff, so I took some warm water, soap, and a scrubber to get that off. I scrubbed and scrubbed (and scrubbed) that headstone, eventually getting the residue off, but not those marks. I've scrubbed it twice since. That black paint is there to stay.
It's ironic that I'm hoping the black paint starts to disappear in less than 10 months. However, because of the feel of the background now, I know that paint has a very rough, porous, perfect surface to really cling to. And I think, nothing about Caden's story can ever just be easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment