The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, December 29, 2018

You?

Ash and Russ arrived before Randy and I got home from a massage appointment yesterday afternoon.  I had to go to the bathroom, so I went quick before meeting them in the front room.

(Tiny, soft knock, knock, knock) "Caden, is that you?"

It was 3-year old Everly.  She was just 25 days shy of turning two when he passed away.  It didn't prick my heart so much as warm it.  She still remembers my Caden, still hopes to see him.  It made me tear up, but happy tears this time.

A few hours later, while looking at my lock screen on my phone, she said, "Oh, there you are Caden!"

It makes me beyond happy to see that she remembers him so much.

2 comments: