The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, January 28, 2019

Door? Again?

Remember in April 2017 we were accused of painting our front door without permission by Steve, an HOA member that lives across the street?  You can read about it here.  Well, last week, while walking around our neighborhood, I was approached by another HOA member, also named Steve, about the front door.  Talk about irony!

Steve: "Can I ask you a question?"
Me: "Absolutely."
"I'm not accusing you."
{Ope, there goes the defensive wall}
"You said in your request to the board that you were going to paint your front door."
{Mind screaming 'AGAIN WITH THE FRONT DOOR?!?!'}
"We did paint our front door."
"No, you didn't."
{Mind reeling.  First they accuse us of painting the door when we didn't, going so far as to literally call us liars, and now we're being told we didn't paint when we did!}
"Steve, yes we did!"
"Well, the email you sent said that you were going to paint it the trim color.  I am just trying to gather all paint chip and color code information for all of the houses that were painted this season, so that we can direct future potential home owners that wish to paint to those homes."
"I did not say that we were going to paint our door the trim color.  I said that we were going to add trim to the door, and that that would be painted the trim color, since it's trim.  The door was to remain black, to match the house numbers and new lighting.  I also provided the paint color code information in that email, as well as all paint chips in the mail in request.  I'm certain you'll find those exact words in the email if you go back and read it again.  "

I did.  I said almost those exact words, verbatim.  
This was the door the day they accused us of painting, when all I did was add the numbers and the kick plate.
Painted a shiny exterior black with added trim painted the trim color.

This was the man that came to judge the house color after it was already dark.  "Yeah, I couldn't tell what color your house was going to be that first night.  I still can't quite tell what color it is."  I rankled, and didn't back down.  "Well, Steve, that's because you came to look at it after it was already dark outside.  Of course you wouldn't be able to tell what color it was going to be!"  He said many more things, most of which had me thinking, "Your point?"  Especially when he told me that I should go to some of the new build neighborhoods and see for myself that none of those homes are beige.  I looked him in the eye and said, "I agree!  Those are modern, updated homes.  The color choices that the board is willing to accept are what's keeping us solely in 2004!  If you want to keep this neighborhood updated, you'll have to give up the pinks and beiges, and adopt the colors of the time."

These people need to get a life, and leave us the heck alone!!  Both doors were an upgrade from what it was before!!!  What is their freaking problem?!

No comments:

Post a Comment