The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Not Me!

Keilie came home from school yesterday, "Mom, look at this picture I saw on at Seminary today!"
We'd been walking side by side, but when I saw this picture I stopped dead in my tracks, confused.  That is my face, that is how I use my arm when sleeping, I recognize that mat in front of that fridge, but I don't recognize anything else.  As I enlarged the image, my mind started to think back on a time where I may have worn that robe, those socks.  I'd never seen them before in my life, but it was hard to get past the fact that that is my face!

"Keilie, that is not me."
"Wait, what?  It's not?  It looks just like you!"
"I know, but it's not me."

The feelings in me were so unnerving, so confused.  I could find things about it that I could logically see couldn't be me: the clothes, the fact that someone would have taken a picture of me sleeping on the floor (how often does one really sleep on the floor in front of the fridge?), the size of the earrings, and the wood floors.  But the darkened eyes (I call them my raccoon eyes), the position she's in, the fridge that looks like the past four fridges we've owned, the cabinets that look similar to some of ours, the mat that I've owned before, the dark long hair, the ear lobes, and the mouth that looks like a grin I do when embarrassed to be taking a selfie...
All confused my mind and made me feel slightly fearful that my Ambien had me driving to someone's home to sleep on their floors without remembering it.  Then I realize I probably would have woke in a jail cell instead of my home, so it must not have been an Ambien thing.

As I zoom into the face, it's weird to see myself in it SO much like this...
But when I turn it like this...
I can clearly see that it's not me.  The shadows cast a different light on the face depending on how you look at it.  *The white across the  nose and mouth is not a difference in skin tone, but the light from taking a picture of a picture on the wall.  I don't even know the reason for the picture wall in the Seminary building, either.*

I tried to find a picture of me sleeping to do a comparison, but I didn't have any on the floor, or from the same angle.


But there is one thing that I see as a big difference between her sleep face and mine: she slightly smiles, I frown.  I am not one that you could say, "She's looks so peaceful when she sleeps."  Keilie's asking around to find out who this mystery woman is-- I'd like to meet her.  Maybe she'd let me do a side-by-side in front of that fridge so I have a good comparison...

1 comment:

  1. This is still so weird to me. I had to do the same thing - I had to turn the picture on my phone when you sent it to me and look at it up and down in order to convince my brain it wasn't you!

    ReplyDelete