After finishing up her homework yesterday after school, Keilie and I ran to Target to get supplies to answer Evan in a fun way. She'd already told him she'd go with him when he asked, but it's customary to answer in a fun way too.
I love watching this girl using her art talent. She does everything by hand and tries things she's never done before without fear. "I think I'm going to try the cursive hand-lettering..." and free hands it as if she's done it a thousand times before. She astounds me with her wicked skills.
The glitter that's all over my floor this morning doesn't even bother me, because she was so proud and excited for what she'd done.
"I copied his sign by doing the *U. I should have used the blue glitter with the red around the burst, since I was trying to stay with the Spiderman theme. (Referencing his proposal) I want to write in small letters, "Even though you are not Tom Holland" right here. I wonder if he'll bring the Starbursts tomorrow to school and share some with me. (Giggling) He should be happy I didn't just glue a few of them on and call it good." The giddiness in her voice as she said all of these things was so contagious!
Since Dara hadn't been a part of Evan's asking, I made sure to let her be a part of Keilie's answering. I sent her pictures of Keilie working on it, telling her I'd let her know if Keilie finished it that night, and when we were on our way so she could be there and take pictures.
"He knew something was up when I told him to make his lunch before showering."
She sent me a video of him opening the door, them talking a little bit, and then Keilie's face when she realized that it was being recorded. {Shy smiles}"My mom told you?!" That's right, I told her! Moms want to be included in all these fun rites of passage!
"We told him a member of the Bishopric was coming. You should have brought your dad!"
Randy had wanted to go, but the second he said he wanted to watch her give it to him, she begged him off and demanded he stay home. "Mom's just going to stay in the car. {Looking at me} Right?!" I smiled inwardly, because I knew I'd get to see what transpired because Dara and I were in this together, and assured her that I wouldn't get out of the car. I kept up the charade by instructing her to park in a portion of their driveway where I couldn't see the door. And then I smiled, knowing what was awaiting her when she rang that doorbell:)
I sure hope the fabric swatches get here soon-- I can't wait to see the color she chooses. I want to order the dress straightaway so that it can get here already!


No comments:
Post a Comment