And just like that, my girl got asked to Homecoming!!!
Evan Porter approached Keilie during lunch hour today in the Seminary parking lot. She said she knew something was up when he text her that he needed to speak with her in person. When he opened this and walked toward her, she smiled the cutest smile (it was all caught on camera by her friend Rachel, and she shared it with me. Bless Rachel!), said yes, and gave him a hug. Rachel got more of Keilie's reaction, but caught a sliver of Evan's radiant smile right at the end.
I got the call while looking for family outfits for our family pictures on Saturday night. While in the Men's section, I answered a call from Keilie that had me wanting to run and scream down the aisles. I seriously contemplated checking her out and immediately going dress shopping. I didn't, but I wanted to. By the time she got home, I had six different dresses for her to consider. She chose none of them, and we spent the next three hours searching the internet over for a dress that was knee length (she doesn't like when dresses touch the floor), had sleeves, was a specific color, had a specific type of fabric, didn't have too much embellishment.... Finally, finally she found a style she liked, we ordered three fabric color swatches to see them in person before ordering, and slept the sleep of the innocent that night without nightmares of showing up to the dance naked. Or worse... in a dress that I chose...
I remember this time in my life so vividly. I can't believe that my daughter is experiencing it for herself. I am just so, so excited for her!!!
Side note: I immediately text Evan's mom, Dara, telling her how excited Keilie was. Dara told me that Evan wouldn't let her see what he was working on, wouldn't tell her who he was asking, denied that he was thinking of asking Keilie, and didn't even tell her when he was going to ask. Naturally, I filled her in on all of the stuff from this side of the proposal. Pictures, videos, and all the details that girls tell, and boys don't. I was born to be a mother of teens that want dating ideas! My baby girl is going to Homecoming!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment