The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Bye-bye Blankie









Brennon has decided to retire his beloved blanket.  12.5 years of LOVE!!!  As one that still has their tattered blankie, I know how it feels to lose that part of your childhood because you realize you don't want to stay little forever.  You'll miss it but feel brave for saying goodbye.  I love this blanket for the comfort it has given my little boy over the years.  Comfort enough to ask a hotel in Oregon to overnight it to us three years ago after we returned from Hawaii.  "Um, our son left his blanket behind.  Yes, the thing that looks like a rag.  Could you overnight it to us?  Thank you.  Thank you very much!"

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures when it's new compared to now. That's one well-loved blanket!

    ReplyDelete