I have found great enjoyment in helping my kids with their homework. Truly, I never thought I would ever admit that I was having fun learning about history. Take away the pressure of a test and I find it to be quite fascinating! Fascinating enough that I have chosen to read Brennon's Washington State History textbook since he's the only child that never asks for my help. I may not remember all that I've read thus far, but I will NEVER forget this...
One of the picture captions caught my attention. I had NO IDEA there was a Brennan, Washington! When I asked my cousin Jamie, who moved to Washington when she was a child, if she knew, she had no idea. When I asked my friend Jamie, who was born and raised in Washington, if she knew, she had no idea. When I asked my cousin Brennon, he actually did know because he'd been there for a hike and a great burger.Looks like we're going to have to take a drive to explore more of our state! Maybe we'll invite Ashlee and Russ to meet us for the hike and burger!
I am thoroughly enjoying this school at home thing, which is something I never thought I'd say after the drowning depths of depression school at home caused me in 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment