Our precious Mira has dimentia. It breaks my heart. I am not ready for the end. I knew it from the moment I saw Caden's reaction to the news-- there will never be another dog as precious as she is. She's not super bad yet, just a few nuggets of poop every once in a while after she's been deeply asleep (thanks to her round-the-clock anxiety meds) and a forgetfulness that is so unusual for her nature. Where she once wouldn't tough something if we told her no, such as Max's food, she now needs to be pushed away if she gets into it, not even acting ashamed that she was caught. It's as if she's never even known she could eat that food that was so graciously left out for her.
So, when I saw her sitting in such a weird position, one she has never sat in before in a spot she never sits, I had to capture it. One day, we'll look back at these photos with a little "Ah!" But for now, it's just one more thing to visually see how much our girl is changing. She'll be 10 in a few weeks. Our time with our Mira is winding down. Even if we have five more glorious years, I'll never be ok losing the last connection we have to our Caden. It's slowly breaking my heart.
This breaks my heart. Mira is the best and it hurts to know she's getting older and struggling.
ReplyDelete