The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chore Charts

In an effort to find the chores that my kids enjoy doing to eliminate the complaining each night, I asked them their preference at FHE last night.  Our lesson was titled "Sharing household responsibilites."  Randy had the kids help me fold the 7+ laundry baskets of clean clothes that had accumulated from our sickness.  I should have folded them the second then came out of the dryer, but always found myself quickly changing out the loads to get back to other cleaning matters.  Thus, accumulation of a mountain of laundry!  Side note...he asked all of the kids if they'd like to do that alone, because I don't want/like to either.  That made me feel so good that he realizes that just because I chose and can be a stay-at-home mom doesn't mean I LOVE doing laundry.  Anyway, back to my story.  So, we're asking the kids the chores that they enjoy doing.  Vacuuming (had to smile at this one.  It's my favorite, too!) Mowing the lawn, Set the table, Clear the table, on and on.  Then it's Tyson's turn to say what he likes to do.  "1. Get a motorcycle for my birthday.  2.  Go down a roller coaster.  3.  Get a gun for his birthday."  So you see, he didn't quite get the meaning of our lesson.  And...you see I was not lying about my previous birthday wish post!  Gotta love what comes out of the mouth of babes:)


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are able to get together! Brennon is my kids favorite too! He is just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete