The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bikes

August 9th
I came home from Visiting Teaching to find Randy out playing with the kids.  We had recently purchased a few bikes from Goodwill.  Shelby needed a new tire after a blow-out front tire on her hand-me-down bike.  It was cheaper to buy an entire bike from Goodwill than it was to buy a tire from Walmart.  While there, we found a new bike for Brennon.  Love those $20.00 finds!

 They were showing off their new found skills- riding without feet:)


 Shelby learned to ride a bike without training wheels this year.  We were hoping Brennon would follow suit.  Nope!  He's too nervous.  We kind of expected that from him.  Maybe next year.  Or when Tyson learns.  Or maybe after Tyson learns.  Who knows?!

 Tyson is a fearless little boy!  He will do anything, try anything, eat anything.  He just goes with the flow and tries all things dangerous and fun.  Here he is showing us that he can ride his bike without sitting on the seat!
 Caden and Keilie were getting more daring that I would have liked.  This was definitely a "Dad" activity!



 No hands?! I put an end to it after that!  I know I am such a mean Mom, but come on, I don't want a concussed son because he wanted to prove to his Dad that he could do something cool!
 I think the cutest thing of the whole morning was when Tyson decided to ride his bike in the gutter.  All of my kids have loved when their bike stayed stationary while they peddled their fastest.  This was that much funner when water splashed up his back.  He did this for a good 20 minutes.  I don't think I will ever understand boys!  Especially when they prefer wet clothes! Yuck!!
Again, I just love this house.  Since we live on a loop with only one entrance/exit, I feel it is much safer to let them ride their bikes in the street.  The only people that actually drive on this road are mainly those that live here.  We all drive slow, we all look out for kids, and we all understand that at some point a child may make a mistake and ride out in front of us.  We are forgiving.  And vigilant in our watch of kids.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Caden and Keilie are scaring me to death just looking at those pictures! :) It's amazing and crazy at the same time. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete