The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Elite

Since Keilie was doing so much tutoring when we first got here, she didn't have enough time to do much else.  Her day was early tutoring classes at school, regular school, straight to Sylvan Learning Center, home for dinner and homework and then bed.  She had such a full schedule to try and get her caught up to her own grade level.  She was a champion, not once complaining about her lot in life.  She didn't even argue when everyone else had a sport and she didn't.  So, when the summer came, we made it all about Keilie.  She wanted swim and tennis lessons.  The city of Richland had both so I went to sign her up.  However, they have a certain day and time that they sign up each session of swimming.  You have to get a log-in and password from them personally and then do the rest online.  The first three times I was out of town, so it was only a month ago that she was actually able to get in.  I was on exactly at 8:00am and got her all signed up.  I went back on, just seven minutes later, to see if I could possibly consider getting one of the other kids into a class and noticed that three of the classes were sold out!  In SEVEN minutes!  I was floored.  I amped up my game this last session to make sure that she got into her correct class.  She had advanced to the higher class and couldn't be happier.  What kind of mother would I be if she didn't get into a class because they went so fast and I was sleeping?!  So, Friday I got everything set up to refresh the page at exactly 8:00.  The second it changed, I refreshed, clicked the correct class and got it done.  I immediately printed the page and then refreshed the page to see how well I'd done.  This time in TWO minutes the class was full.  TWO MINUTES!!  Keilie is part of an Elite group of Beginner 2 swimmers in Richland Washington that swim from 9:55-10:25!  As with most things in a new move and town, I've learned what to do better next year.  I have a game plan now.  Next year, we're going to rock this town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment