Here is an update of what has been known as "The Saga" in our home. So, Friday night ended up not being my favorite night. Saturday was full of turmoil over whether I was really going to fight to get Brennon back in AM Kindergarten. I was just so up-in-the-air. Sunday came with no real clear answer until around 3:00. Tyson had told us around lunchtime that his throat was stinging him. Sure enough, his throat was full of white puss nodules. Since I needed to attend the last two hours, I sent Randy with the other kids to Sacrament while I napped with Tyson. When I woke him at 3:00 I started getting ready for church. He came into my bathroom with the saddest face asking in the most pathetic little cry, "Mom, where is everyone? I just want to be with them!" It was then that I knew I wanted to stay in PM. This was what I had wanted from the very beginning. I had changed my mind in the moment of AM bliss, but ended up getting a blessing when I was changed to PM. I got the other kids off to school and headed to Walmart to get lunchboxes that were insulated. We went to the park where the boys played with another little boy and ended up giving a group hug when he had to go. We came home to send Randy off to Oregon and started playing some games when I got a call from the school, Brennon had been marked absent. WHAT? I was all sorts of confused. Was he supposed to be in AM and the other call had been a glitch? I had gotten a call that morning from the Principal letting us know that the reason he had been changed was because a mother in PM needed her SON (remember how they try to even out gender in the class?) needed to be in AM for it to work with her own work schedule. So they took another little boy that was more advanced (this was nice to hear!) and switched them. I was personally asked by the Principal if I would mind staying in PM. I said I wouldn't mind at all if it made it easier for another mom to get a break. So this call about absence was confusing. I didn't get an answer at the school, so I loaded up Brennon, sent Tyson to Jamie's and headed to the school with Brennon's backpack just in case. I found out that he is registered in PM, so they couldn't figure out why we got the call. How can you have a child absent for a session that hasn't even started? We couldn't figure it out. So, we came home for another hour and then went back. It was nice to meet his teacher again, see that there was another Brennan K. in his class (have fun with that Mrs. L!) and go home with only one hand to hold. I put Tyson down for his nap, cleaned and decorated like crazy in my basement, woke Tyson to pick up Caden from his duties as a crossing guard and came home in time for the other kids to get off of the bus. Pretty much perfect if you ask me! It was pretty comical to get a call at 2:00 saying my son, Brennon, had been marked absent. Again! The office asked me to be patient as they worked out the kinks of the start of school. I feel I have been pretty darn patient.
Seeing as this is the second year that my child has been placed in AM only to get booted to PM at the last possible second, ensuring that they don't get bus privileges (which means I have to take Brennon every day) I think I should get to call in a favor from Mr. Mancinelli. "Since this has happened two years in a row to me, since I have sacrificed my own comfort for others', could you ensure that Tyson gets Mrs. L AM in two years? Thanks!"
No comments:
Post a Comment