The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~
Monday, December 16, 2013
IEP Testing
To make sure that Keilie qualified for an IEP throughout her current and coming school years, she needed to go through some intense testing. Afterwards, I met with the school Psychologist, Special Education instructor, Mrs. Wingert, and the Principal to go over the results. As the Psychologist was talking to me about the findings, I was totally blown away to see so many Above Average scores. Keilie has been struggling in school from about 2nd grade on. Some days she's showing me advanced understanding, while the next day she can barely remember the most basic steps. It has had me in tears for every single Parent-Teacher conference I've ever been to. Why does she seem so smart in some things, and struggle with other things so much? I was commenting on the findings, when the Psychologist said, "I don't think you truly understand what these tests are saying. Her IQ is college level. She is far advanced!" I was stunned, to say the least!! She has a block in her brain that makes it hard for her to get things out that she knows in her head. Whether it's the ADHD that she was diagnosed with in 2010 or a learning disability that has her stumped, we're not entirely sure, but the fact of the matter is that Keilie is a very smart little girl. For her testing in the Woodcock-Johnson test, her overall score of 132 puts her in the Very Superior range. This has me thinking...You hear of people with high IQ being extremely gifted in an area, right? So, what's Keilie's? And how do I find it? Cause with a mind like this, I don't want to stunt her potential simply because I have no idea what I'm doing! It almost feels like with this knowledge comes great responsibility. Deep thought, isn't it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment