The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Keys

I needed to grab a few things out of the Relief Society closet early Tuesday morning. I pulled into the usual place I park in the back and had the boys stay in the car. As I tried one of the two keys that look identical, I realized that the key didn't have a chance of fitting into the lock. It was just too fat. I tried the other key and came to the same conclusion. I looked at the lock itself and realized that it had recently been changed. You could see the old lock was larger than the new, smaller lock. I really needed the papers from the closet, so I decided to try the side door just in case. It opened, I was in! As I was walking down the DARK hallway, wishing I had taken the time to find the light switch, I realized that I kind of resented these papers:). Finally, I'm in the Relief Society room. I pull out my keys and push it in. And it doesn't budge. I try it both ways, I try to fit it in slowly, quick, and even try to jiggle it open with only a sliver of the key. It's not working!! I don't want to be late for my appointment, so I give up on those stinkin' papers and head out, cursing that dark hallway all the way back. 

I picked Randy up from the airport yesterday while the kids are still in school. We had a few minutes more, so I ran to the church to see if he could help me open the closet. While he's fiddling with the keys, I see him start putting he "mail" key in the slot. My first thought was, "Why would he use that key?" My next immediate thought was, "OH MY GOSH! I was using the "mail" key!!" I quickly found the TINY closet key, easily hidden by the larger keys, and opened the closet in a single second. I'm telling you, I'm loosing my mind!! Things just don't process fast enough in this noggin! I truly am a cotton-headed ninny-Muggins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment