He made the off-hand comment that he wished he could ride it. I asked him why he couldn't. The look of sheer excitement was priceless. He thought I was the one that would say no. I felt like a Million Bucks being the one that said yes!
I caught him at the perfect moment. He didn't realize I was taking pictures and I caught his "annoyed" but oh,so cute face.
You can see we got going pretty fast. Look at that smile! It reminded me of the first few days here. There was a little girl, about 4- years old, that was running up and down the halls with a helmet on. She'd scream "Hi" to everyone that she passed and was just such a JOY to see. And there behind her, pulling her IV pole, was her Dad. I respected that man for not keeping his daughter contained, for allowing her to run free. As free as you can get in a place like this. And today, it was my turn. Caden looked up at me (and maybe looked up to me, too) and said, "This is the most fun I've had in this place!" All the while having Chemo pumped through his veins. He may have been throwing up his guts the last few days, but this boy is a silver-lining kind of kid. The love of this mother's heart!




No comments:
Post a Comment