The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bumps and bruises

Caden had a good night last night. I like this new medicine schedule. He's been sleeping a lot more, which makes it pretty boring here, but which means he's not nauseous. I am supremely happy! However, it was NO fun waking to a loud thump!
Look at his forehead and you'll see the result. He is just SO dizzy!! I was wakened to hear his thud and calling for me to help. My stomach dropped as I jumped out of bed. My heart burned to see him struggle to move at all. I'm happy he's so drugged, but sad at the same time. He's so dizzy! Truth be told, I think we're all relieved the medicine is working so well. We'd all rather have him in a "medically induced 'coma'" than see him struggle to keep his food down, his tube down, and his body upright and calm after each vomit session. I just know to stay close when he wakes, stay near when he moves, and sneak an extra hug when I can. So far, I like this Round. Today is day two- the one he always feels the crummiest. I hope he sleeps straight through until Wednesday!! 

-6:30 PM Update-
I am obsessed! I wish I could take a picture of the view from our room every hour of the day. We got the BEST view this time. 
See Mount Ranier peeking in the back? One and only day in the last two months that I've seen it. We walked into our room Friday morning and gawked.  It was almost like we were greeted with an omen...It's going to be a beautiful Round!
I've tried to capture the colors and depth of the view for the last two nights, but my camera is THE worst!
I wish I could take a picture with my eyes. Because the view I see takes my breath away, often. And with as much sleeping as Caden has been doing (yay!) this view has been seen for hours!

 I can't help but think of the place we were when this started, till now. Snow was falling and fog was thick as I drove on that fateful day. My knuckles were white with worry for both my safety and Caden's life. Time has passed. We've watched as the snow melted, creating beautiful waterfalls through the lush canyons. We watched the transformation from dead to bloom. We've had many, many gray days that have brought us to more and more sunshine. I can't help but hope that this is yet another omen...Your son's life is going to be beautiful. Because just like this view, that would be a Tender Mercy, in my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment