The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Directly after Animal Kingdom.  It was still pouring!!
We ended up getting right into the Indiana Jones' show.  Front and center with our shirts.  It was an amazing feeling to get escorted to the front row, reserved chain removed, after everyone else was seated.  I felt like a celebrity.

After that, we were lead straight onto the Star Tours ride.  It still didn't feel quite real that we were getting onto these rides so fast.  I never got used to it, actually.  It always felt like such a dream.  I always felt supremely lucky.  Words can not express all that I felt this trip.

After the ride, there was a girl taking pictures.  We didn't get a good one of the girls, that were made into both of Natalie Portman's roles (Queen Amadala and Padmay, if that is how you spell it) which makes me sad.  They looked SO cute.  I just didn't want to pay $50 for a picture.  Randy did capture the boys, which I think ticked off the girl.  She didn't say it to our face, but she was upset when we left.  I felt a bit guilty, but then I look at Brennon's face and am happy that I got it captured.
Brennon as Luke Skywalker.  The funniest thing about this picture is that when it was done, he asked why they made him into a girl.  Look at it again.  You won't be able to see him as anything other than a girl now.  I laughed so hard!!
Caden as Obewan Kenobe.  By the time she figured out Randy was taking pictures, she just rushed through the other boys'.  They didn't turn out as cute as the girls'.  But, again, who pays $50 for one photo?!
Tyson as Hans Solo.  Cutest Hans I've ever seen!!!
Those Tyson lips!!  You will see them all.over in our photos.  Such a Tyson face!!  Punk!

Mike and Sully were technically done.  We happened to be walking by their meet-and-greet location and got pulled in for a photo shoot.  It was SO much fun.  When I get the disc from Disney, I'll post the pictures of their growls.  It was a blast!!



Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?  They had a plaground with real snow.  For some, it was a once-in-a-lifetime encounter with snow.  I heard kids asking their parents what it was.  I feel grateful to know how it feels to have all four seasons.




Stunt show with Lightning McQueen.  Again we were given amazing seating.  They showed us how they make car-chase scenes, and how they used different angles, cars, and props for stunts.  It was so much fun.  The crazy thing is, they actually made three exact-looking cars.  One that drove normally, one that had a go-cart on the side for different scenes, and one that you literally drove looking out the back so that it was easier to do backward-driving scenes.  He got in and looked out the trunk window.  It's one thing to have the steering wheel on the other side of the car, but looking out the trunk?  Now that is crazy!
Again, a beautiful sunset with amazing clouds.  We were lucky here, too.  The rain was coming down, but by the end our our Indiana Jones' stunt show, it had stopped.  We did get wet, but not drenched.  Well, Keilie did, but that was her own choosing!  She told Randy she only wanted the poncho for the warmth, not the wet.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't get enough of all of these pictures! I'm SO happy for you guys getting to be there!

    ReplyDelete