The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

70 days

15 years ago today, this man asked me to be his Eternal Companion.  I'm the luckiest gal on the block!

Randy's friend, Mike, came to me saying that we should plan a surprise birthday party for Randy.  Since planning parties is one of my favorite things on the planet, I was all for it.  He suggested that we should have it at Randy's favorite spot- White Rock above Perry, Utah- and that we should have pizza and sparkling cider.  Perfect!

Little did I know that Randy and Mike had planned a little surprise of their own.  Mike had recorded "When You Say Nothing At All" accompaniment with his guitar onto a cassette (remember those?) and wrapped it as his gift to Randy.  Then he and Stephanie (Mike's girlfriend) had to leave "real quick" for a "nieces baptism," telling Randy to wait to open the gift until after they had left.  As the song began, Randy made the comment that he knew the song and started to sing very different words than the original.  His beautiful proposal culminated to,

"Stephanie Burrell, will you be sealed to me?"

And just like that, the golden years of my own Book of Life began.

How grateful I am for this amazing man.  He is the man of my dreams, the answer to my prayers, the beat of my heart.

70 days and counting until our 15 year anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've always loved this story. Happy engagement anniversary!

    ReplyDelete