The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, April 13, 2015

New bed

A couple of weeks ago, I found a sleigh bed on Craigslist for a price we couldn't ignore. Since it was 11:00PM, we waited till the next morning to call and inquire about it. By 10:00AM, I had a new bed in my room. It was one that I had always wanted!

With my new bed, I also wanted to upgrade our bedspread. Ours was given to us by a good friend for our wedding. Yep, that's 14 years (closing in on 15 here in June) with the same bedspread. With a mattress and box springs on a simple metal frame, I just didn't really care all that much to have elegance on my bed. Randy talked to his mom and she offered to make me one. 

In December we met up to find a pattern and fabric for her to take back home. I knew the colors I wanted- Creamy Yellow and Gray. An example of the pattern was hanging on the wall at the quilt shop and I knew that was the one that Randy and I would both choose. It came together perfectly. 

Through many long hours, Jackie made me (and I guess Randy, too) this beautiful bedspread...
A disappearing four patch quilt. Our first night sleeping with it was last night. I love it even more!!

Thank you, Mom for this beautiful heirloom!!!!! It is already cherished. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting to see this bedspread! It is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors AND the design. So nice!

    ReplyDelete