No one slipped or got eaten and it turned out to be a beautiful walk. I can't remember why I called him after, but I again asked Jamie to use her phone. While on the phone with Randy, I heard the ding of my phone, alerting me to a text message. Wait, What? I looked and looked for my phone, how can I hear it now? It sounded muffled, so I began looking in the purse once more. Then under her seats, in case it had fallen out. Nothing. And then it dawned on me...
The new pair of pants that I purchased have back pockets without decorative button-flaps. My phone had been in my back pocket the entire time. Fantastic!
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Randy went fishing with Caden for the last merit badge before his Eagle project. They went with the Troop down to Columbia Family Fishing Pond, that had recently been stocked with fish. About an hour into their four-hour trip, Randy called asking if I'd bring him the fishing pole stand that screws into the ground and his "lucky" fishing hat. Darwin and Randy purchased matching hats while down in Bryce Canyon, so that makes them lucky. And completely adorable.
Randy told me that the pole stand was in the blue buckets, under the sleeping bags. Got it, know exactly where those are. If I would have realized that they were in the blue bin that was under the blue bin that held the sleeping bags (tubs that fit into each other when empty) I would have just pulled them down to begin with. However, since I thought I could just pull out a few of the bags and grab it, I used the Recycling dumpster that was directly under the bin to get it. As more and more of the sleeping bags were pulled out, I couldn't understand why I wasn't seeing the pole stand. Surely I would see some part of it by now. So, I went up on tippy-toes to get a better look inside...and the Recycling dumpster started to tip...and I pulled the blue bins down on top of me...and I tumbled to the ground backside first...with a 25-pound cot coming along for the roller-coaster dive to the ground. Good news, I was able to retrieve the pole stand now that the blue bins were busted on the floor. Not so good news for my arm.
Day 1
I'll save you the pictures of backside. You're welcome.
I got Randy his fishing pole stand and his lucky hat. Which didn't end up being lucky. Everyone around them was catching like crazy. Everyone, except them. The entire four hours. Note to self: Don't be in idiot and try to use something with wheels to grab stuff off of the top shelf. It's not safe!
I shall hence forth and forever be known as, Captain Obvious!



Man that bruise looks so painful! Sorry. :(
ReplyDelete