Randy made it to the RMH in time to see the end of it, only seeing Caden awake for about an hour. It was a hopeless day that felt like we could never win against the demon that is leaving no room for his vital organs, eating, or even breath sometimes. Randy asked if I had blogged, to which I responded that no one should hear about a day that I had just endured in any sort of truthful detail. Randy said we should just write, "Today sucked!" and leave it at that. I was tempted, but couldn't muster up enough energy to even type. I had the arms of my Mister around me, while my son snored in a drug-induced stupor- I was content, if but for a moment.
Today was a better day. A much better day. We got the results of his Platelet count, which were unsurprisingly perfect, and cruised home for two days. Caden said, "The only way that it will be worth the nausea is if we get to go to church." So we did, making it only a couple minutes late. He stayed for the remainder 2 1/2 hours. On the way home, full of pain, Caden said, "It was worth the pain I feel."
His testimony strengthens my own. I love him so much.
(By: Eliza Terry Roylance, Ensign 1/2016)
For now, we are home, we are happy, and we are together. Two days of Heaven on Earth.

My heart, thoughts and prayers are always with you, Caden! I love you 💜
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Danielle