The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Vista views

We are witnessing the most beautiful vista right now. Caden had another amazing day. He not only has not been nauseous- and by extension has not thrown up- but he ate lunch, dinner, and late-night snack yesterday. He continued his joking fun all day, and actually got onto his iPad to watch his signature YouTube videos about cool science and life hacks. He also looked through hundreds of pictures of puppies. I think I have him convinced that Crackers would be a fun dog name! Or maybe even Chips. Or Ruffles. And after all of his Friday awesomeness, he once again slept through the night. Seeing Caden this engaged in life after such a harrowing month is sunshine kisses on my face. 

Last night as Caden was saying our family prayer, he said, "We thank Thee that I was not weighed today." Even though Caden heard from Sue that the pressure was off, he didn't quite understand. When we told him exactly what it meant, the absolute giddy, happy smile that radiated his face was sunshine kisses on my soul. 

I am thankful for this ride, and even more thankful for this vista. We have needed it desperately. 

1 comment:

  1. Such GREAT news! I loved this post and quote. Added some sunshine to my weekend. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete