The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Together

I keep going back to these pictures that I took while Caden was admitted after the news.  Caden  was able to give Tyson just what he wanted- time to play video games with his big brother. 
"I can't wait to play this for real!"
Pitcher above
Batter below
It may not be the game of swords that they played mere days before the news, but Tyson had a blast with Caden. In fact, he was the one that got to play longest, yet whined like he didn't get to play at all. This boy loves Caden. And video games. 
But moments later, we found out the real reason for his whining. "I don't want Caden to die!" He climbed into Caden's bed, right next to his big brother, and cried himself out. Caden just soothed him, while I left the room for air. 

Sometimes it hurts that this is our reality. 
And other times
It's not that different from home. We still find time to play together, to teach our kids how to play Checkers, and still quiet the arguments that arise from our competitive natures. It's just the room that looks different. 

While I hate so much of what has happened the last two weeks, (heck, the last two years!) I would still give anything to keep our family as it was in these pictures. Together. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dirks family, we just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers daily!
    Love the Griffeth family

    ReplyDelete