I can give the excuse that I was waiting at the door for her because I wanted to sneak out so as not to wake Caden, but the truth is that I was antsy because she was late. Caden being asleep just made me look less crazy-lady. I hope.
Things went perfectly with our dealings. At one point, she stopped me and asked, "So, why am I here again? You've got this!" And I do.
She left at 11:15, at which point our nurse came in with all of our paperwork. Everything was working out according to my ultimate design. And then the Oncology department saw something they didn't agree on from the Pain Team, and no one could come to an agreement about it, so we sat in our room for an additional three hours. For what? I have no idea! Not how I had wanted things to go.
But we are free and on our way home. The big breath I took as soon as we crossed the threshold from hospital to outside was filled with the scent of freedom, and it smelled sweet. Some may argue it was because of the beautiful blooming cherry blossoms all around me, but I refuse to believe it. Freedom has its own scent, and it smells divine!
❤️❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteI just had to comment on how much I love the family picture at the top of your blog. I know I've said that before. But seriously it could not be more perfect. Love it!
ReplyDelete