The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Movie Magic

Movies have always been a big part of my life-- I LOVE watching movies.  In fact, if it is a particularly favorite movie, you can bet I have seen it more than 100 times (While You Were Sleeping).  Also, I usually know within the first few minutes of a movie if it is going to be "a buyer."  We own quite a few movies, ones that we watch over and over.

I vividly remember the first time I saw Rescuers Down Under.  He rescues the Golden Eagle, that you later find out is a mom, and she takes him on the ride of a lifetime.  My favorite part of the whole movie is when she pushes him water ski style off a waterfall, arms extended as if he's going to fly, and then catches him in a triumphant flight finisher.  The music crescendos, finalizing in the most dramatic end that brings chills to the arms, head, and toenails.  I'm not even joking.  I remember watching that movie over and over, wishing that I could have a Golden Eagle of my very own, one that would give me amazing rides all the time.

Jackie and Darwin are visiting this weekend.  Before they even arrived, Jackie told me she wanted to take us to a movie.  We all decided on Pete's Dragon.  Not 10 minutes into the show, Pete is playing with Elliot, running through the forest, jumping off cliffs with his arms extended, when all of the sudden... bam, Elliot flies to his rescue, taking him on an amazing flight into the sunset.

Tyson: "That is my favorite movie ever!  I want a dragon!"

The only difference between our movie envy wants... mine was born from an animated movie, his looked real! And just like Rescuers Down Under, the music in Pete's Dragon had chills from my scalp down to my toenails!  Amazing!!

The premise for today's Pete's Dragon is nothing like the one I grew up with, but it is good.

Thank you, Jackie and Darwin, for giving my children dreams of a dragon of their very own!  It was a fun night!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! It's funny because my in laws took us to see the exact movie last night. It was a good movie and I told Taylor more than once that I wish we could buy Audrey a dragon of her own!!

    ReplyDelete