The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Little Look-see!

I have been getting a lot of strife from friends and family that want to see pictures of our new home. I'm working on getting this cleaned enough to actually want to take pictures. The paint looks amazing, it really does. So, in the spirit of wanting to show it off, I haven't taken many yet. I'm still organizing spaces that many will never see, because they are behind closed doors. The Master closet is twice the size of our old one, and as such has opened up many different possibilities as to hanging options. Options are never good for me- I have to try them all before making a decision. Hence the hours of organizing that will only be seen by Randy. And he just doesn't care!

However, there is one picture I want to show. The paint in this house was not terrible. In fact, it was all done nice. It just didn't work for us. Shelby moved into a green room, Caden a purple, and Keilie a blue. Nice color options, just didn't work for us. 

Another place that wasn't my fave was in the kitchen/dining. 
They had painted all baseboards white, but the few in the kitchen. They matched the cabinets in the kitchen, so they kept the baseboards original. What you're looking at is the wall that connects the kitchen bay window to the dining room. Blue wall meets brown wall, white baseboards meet natural wood baseboards. Now the entire house is painted the Revere Pewter with bright white trim and off-white ceilings. It is stunning!
This shows the difference between the old color wall and the original color fireplace. 
It now looks like this. Bright and beautiful!
Old bay windows
New bay windows. 
New, fresh paint.

It doesn't still look like this, but it's not ready to show yet. The paint blanket has been replaced by boxes, just waiting to be unpacked into their new home. 

It's coming along, slow, but sure. I don't want to give up our summer for house stuff, no matter how psychotic the clutter and mess are making me. I haven't forgotten our gift of time. The house will come together soon enough, but babies don't keep. 

Plus, who wouldn't want to take time for this cutie, I ask you?! She is doing much better day-by-day. It seems that moving is stressful on everyone, even those that walk on all fours and compulsively lick Tyson's stinky shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment