When I asked Randy what he'd like for Father's Day this year, he told me he got what he wanted: a boat. Since that negates the kids being able to give him something, I decided to see what fun ideas I could find for them to give. When I saw the example we chose to copy, I knew we had hit gold. I got all of the supplies (after literally counting each candy item out and getting just enough) and we worked our copying magic to give him a gift he has always wanted: a Guitar.
The kids did 100% of the work for this bad-boy! It's hard to see it from the picture, but it actually has six jute strings!!! I showed them the example, and they took off! When I asked what the pun should be, we all threw around some ideas. Caden screamed out his as soon as I asked, and we all agreed it was genius. Say it out loud, "You Guitar Love." Get it? The Boy in the Bed has words!
Wanting to document, I asked them to look up and smile. I noticed that Shelby's eyes were closed, but didn't notice Tyson's face until after taking the two pictures. He was posing with his "smolder" face. They are slightly different, so we'll call this one, "The Smolder,"
And this one, "Magnum."
We had such a fun time putting it together, although there was A TON of arguing. My goodness, we sure can argue-- even if we are crafting a masterpiece!
Just to document and remember: There are 72 gold-wrapped Ferrero Rocher candies on that wicked instrument. As we were getting ready to watch a show, I asked Brennon to go put it in our room, forgetting to ask him to shut the door. About 15 minutes in, I left to go and put on some comfy pants. As I was walking into our room, I noticed Mira's tail. About a step later, I realized what she was doing and loudly gasped; enough for everyone to come running. I hurried into the room to find that FIFTY SEVEN of the candies were gone. In 15 minutes. Without a break for a drink! The girl has a weakness for chocolate and bread. Many Google articles said she would be fine, so we didn't take her to the vet. She has been fine since, but my goodness, the guitar only lasted for about 2 hours!
Happy Father's Day, Randy!!
You Guitar Love!

Bahahahaha! I'm IN LOVE with Tyson's smoulder face. That's awesome!
ReplyDelete