We finally had time and motivation to take back the five extra ties we had purchased for Homecoming. Since Jennifer had two different dresses coming from China, we had either Coral or Blushing Pink to look for. Not wanting to have even the slightest different color for either dress, we just went around to store after store in search of those two colors. Six ties later: We found the perfect one!
Kohl's had us in and out of their Customer Service Department in less than 30 seconds. She scanned the receipt, scanned the tie bar code, pressed a button and grabbed out my cash. Get this: She also surprised me by giving me the Kohl's cash reimbursement that I'd used. They're not doing that promotion right now, but because I'd had it when I purchased the tie, I have it now. Easy, peasy!
JCPenney was just a bit different. Since they have more than one Customer Service desk but not as many employees stationed at each, it took just a few seconds for someone to realize that we needed help. Also, because of a mix-up with the UPC being different from the bar code, one of our ties almost had to be returned without the receipt. As she was looking up how much we could get without the receipt (I kid you not, it was only going to be $1.37 instead of $25.78!) I found the error-- we got all of our money back. Not as easy as Kohl's, but it ended with us getting all of our money back.
Sears was the last place on our return list. Like Kohl's, we were helped right away. Unlike all other stores, we could not make the return.
"I'm sorry, you have passed the 30-day return date."
"Even with the receipt, you can't give us our money back?"
"No, sir."
"What about a store credit?"
"No, I'm sorry."
We incredulously stared at her for the required "awkward moment/you have got to be kidding me" allotment of time and just turned to leave. It was not worth the tears that I knew I could pull out of thin air to make this girl feel uncomfortable with our "why" for not being back within that measly 30-day return period.
Randy, loud enough for both employees to hear as we walked away, "No wonder this place is going out of business!"
We had the receipt and could not even get store credit! Lame! Goodwill is getting a brand new Blushing Pink tie tomorrow, and Sears will never get another dime from us.
I had the same exact experience at sears. Receipt and all and yet they wouldn't take it back. Sears won't get my business either.
ReplyDelete