The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Pickup!

Jamie had an awesome experience yesterday that I had to try for myself: Walmart Pickup!  She ordered a trunk-full of groceries from the comfort of her home, got an email when it was ready for pickup, drove to pick it up, had her trunk loaded for her without getting out of her car, and drove home; there and back within minutes.  I had to try it for myself.

After dropping Shelby and Brennon off at school for choir practice, I came home to "do my shopping."  I had to download the app, set up an account, and then order what I wanted-- 48 items in my "cart," and only 23 minutes from sit down to done.

I was telling Kimberly how excited I was for this new, genius development when she asked, "So, what do you get to do with your free time instead of shopping?"  My first thought was that I was getting ready to go to the gym.  Then I realized she meant what I would do with the time I wasn't at the store.  But, here's the thing: It's not the time I am happy to be saving, it is the anxiety I will not feel while shopping.  I have never liked shopping.  I have never liked crowds.  I feel so much anxiety going to the store.  Don't even get me started on Costco and Black Friday.  For the last few years, I have gone to the store multiple times a week, but only with a very specific, very small list.  I run in, grab exactly what I need, hurry to the check-out, and get the heck out of there.  I usually do this after the gym, since it's right next to Walmart, so I don't make unnecessary trips, even though I go 4-5 times a week.  When Jamie told me about her "score," I realized that I could get my entire list, like, my Master List, without even having to go inside the store (or pass the solicitors that always ask if you want to buy their crap).  I was con.vinced!

I got the email that my order was ready at 12:50pm.  I was in the car at 12:51pm, waiting in my Reserved For Pickup spot at 12:57pm, home by 1:13pm, groceries put away at 1:19pm.  My food rotations systems are all full, my pantry is well-stocked and organized, and my fridge and freezer have all the fixins.  And I never even had to leave my car!

This revolutionizes my shopping.  The only negative thought I have is this: Where was this when I had five kids under 8 in Casper's heinous, frigid, sandblast-your-skin-off weather?!  Can I get a do-over, please?!

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t gone grocery shopping in months,thanks to click list!!! It’s the best. I’m with you and the anxiety that comes with being in big crowds!

    ReplyDelete