Tuesday with Tyson
Monday had been overcast and raining, so the bugs were out in full force. They all thought it was going to be just as bad, so they wanted their neckerchiefs tied around their mouths and noses. They weren't nearly as bad (although I did sniff one up my nose holes and am convinced it's laying eggs in my brain) so this didn't last long, but Tyson held on longer than everyone else. The bugs had the right idea-- blazing hot= stay in your homes.
Obstacle Course.
Wrist Rockets.
Leather working.
The instructor was offering a challenge to win an ugly bunny for the leather strap he thought was best. He asked specifically for Tyson's name and Troop number-- he was a contender. We found out on Wednesday that the boy that ultimately won is in our Troop! We have some Leather Artists in the Hillview Ward!The Wolves and Bears Skit: Each child asked, "What are you doing?" to someone pretending to sit on a bench. After all but one kid was "sitting," the last child asked, "What are you doing?" "Sitting on the invisible bench." "No, you're not. I moved that last week." So they all fell to the ground. Cute.
Wednesday with Brennon
Brennon's schedule was the same as Tyson's the day before, but for one station: Armpit Fudge. All ingredients went into a Ziplock Sandwich back and smooshed together in the pits. They then cut a hole in the corner for them to squeeze the fudge into their mouths. YUM! {Insert deep gag here}
Once their fudge was smooshed and sucked, they played a game where they had to "cross the river" stepping on a certain color. The first person was told a color, then another. The next kids had to follow on the colors without falling off. Holding hands made it a bit harder, but much more fun. The second boy functions at maybe a 4-year old, so they had the opportunity to help him keep with the colors. It was a beautiful display of sportsmanship. Very neat.
Obstacle Course. I'm proud of Brennon-- he doesn't like this kind of thing. Like me, we don't like wet clothes. However, the heat made me want to beg to be sprayed multiple times that day!
Wrist rockets. Those clouds look pretty, but had no value. Not once did they shade me from the burning sun. But they sure look gorgeous!
Because one of the shooters broke the day before, one child had to with their turn. Brennon offered immediately to stand back. She gave him an extra incentive for being so willing and kind. My mommy heart was so proud throughout the day as Brennon offered to do things last, or help everyone out, or cheer them on. He really is a sweet boy.
The Leather Works instructor gave the kids some suggestions for what they could write on their straps. One was "Zach is so cool," asking whom "Zach" was. After two letters were done, Brennon went up to him, "So, how do you spell your name?" He was actually taking the suggestion to heart, in hopes it would get him that ugly bunny! So, Brennon's leather strap tied around his walking stick says, "Zach is cool." I am raising that kid, the brown noser! Brennon the Brown Noser.
I am glad these two days are over. I am still not feeling 100%, most likely suffering from heat exhaustion. Not really, but I'm a complainer, so I totally believe it! I sure love these boys! Especially when Tyson ran up to me in front of all other Day Campers and said, "Mom, I missed you today. I love you!" and hugged me tight. I met the eyes of a few other mothers, pride coloring my face into an almost-smug expression.









Love those sweet faces ❤️
ReplyDelete